- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 06-21-2017
Microchipping from your Overland Veterinarian
You may have heard of pet microchipping before, where a veterinarian in Oakland Park slips a tiny chip under the skin of your pet for identification purposes. Cat and dog microchipping can be very beneficial for both pet and owner. Here’s how.
Benefits of Pet Microchipping
• This procedure is quick and painless for the animal. If you’re concerned your dog or cat will be in pain, they won’t be. A veterinarian in Overland Park will use a needle to push the chip under the skin. There’s no surgery required!
• Microchipping allows you to recover your pet if they’re ever lost. The chip is more reliable than a dog tag or collar, which can come off. That leaves the pet unidentified. Your precious dog or cat may be placed into a shelter by mistake if they don’t have any identification. That makes it nearly impossible to find them again.
• These chips aren’t limited to your home state. If your pet travels state lines, even several state lines, they can still come back home.
• More animal-related businesses and organizations are equipped with microchip scanners to bring your pet back home. These include pet breeders, kennels, pet registries, pet trainers, humane societies, rescue organizations, animal clinics, stables and farms, pet stores, and animal associations.
• The biggest benefit is the sense of relief for you, the pet owner. Even if your pet never gets lost, you know that if they do, they will soon be recovered and brought back to you.
Schedule an Appointment with our Overland Park Veterinarian
To learn more or schedule an appointment today, give us a call at 913-341-8836 or visit us at Nall Hills Animal Hospital on 9544 Nall Avenue.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.