- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Pet Boarding in Overland Park
Almost every pet owner has times when it's difficult to care for their dog or cat -- they go on vacation, there's a serious illness in the family, or business calls them away unexpectedly. Some people try to rely on well-meaning friends or family members, but if they're unfamiliar with the pet, the quality of care can be lacking. Very few hotels are pet-friendly and it can be dangerous to your pet to travel long distances. The safest and best practice when you go away for an extended time is to board your pet at a trusted boarding facility, such as in our animal hospital in Overland Park.
Things to Know Before Pet Boarding
At Overland Park Animal Hospital we're proud to offer a safe and secure place for your pet to stay while you're out of town. Our pet boarding service is available to dogs and cats, and we're available for overnight stays as well as longer visits. Our team is dedicated to your pet's best care, and there will be a veterinarian in Overland Park on call at all times while your pet stays with us. It's important to prepare your pet before bringing it to our Overland Park pet boarding facility. Keep in mind that:
- All pets must be up-to-date on all vaccinations, including bordetella and rabies. If your pet isn't one of our patients with a record on file, you'll need to bring in a vaccination certificate
- We don't stock multiple brands of pet food. If your dog or cat is used to one particular brand, it's a good idea to bring a supply when you drop your pet off
- Pets can get nervous, even with the best of care. Bring a favorite blanket, a toy or two, or a t-shirt with your scent on it. A familiar bit of home can help ease your pet's nervousness
- Put your pet into the right frame of mind by making the day you drop it off an enjoyable one. Spend some extra time petting or playing with your pet. Take the time out of your busy packing and preparations to help your pet to be calm on the way to our boarding facility
Turn your pet's stay with us into a true spa experience by allowing us to groom it while it's here. We'll shampoo and dry your pet's coat, clip its claws if needed, check eyes for discharge, and otherwise make your furry family member feel clean and fresh. Many pets enjoy being groomed; you can tell by the spring in their step when they leave our office. We'll give your pet a vet-approved fresh and clean feeling and allow you to bring a pet home without a coat that sheds or claws that are overgrown.
You may love your pet and want to keep it around you all the time, but sometimes life gets in the way. If you have any questions about pet boarding in Overland Park, call Nall Hills Animal Hospital at (913) 341-8836.