- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Overland Park Pet Dental Services
Your pet needs dental care just as much as you do. At Nall Hills Animal Hospital in Overland Park, KS, we offer a range of services to help you maintain your pet’s dental hygiene. These services can help enhance pet’s overall health, so it’s important to ensure that your pet is getting the care and treatment he or she needs.
Pet Dental Services We Offer
- Tooth cleaning - We’ll administer anesthesia to help your pet stay calm and safe during the cleaning, then we’ll use dental cleaning techniques to scrape away plaque buildup on teeth.
- Polishing - After a tooth cleaning, we’ll polish the teeth to make them ultra smooth. This will help prevent food and other organic items from clinging to your pet’s teeth.
- Tooth Extraction - Sometimes tooth extraction is necessary to restore your pet’s oral comfort and stop infection. At Nall Hills Animal Hospital, we perform tooth extractions for pets that need that level of care.
- Pet Owner Training - There are a variety of things that you can do to take care of your pet’s dental hygiene. We can help guide you as you learn how to:
- Clean your pet’s teeth - We’ll serve as a resource as you learn to brush your pet’s teeth at home.
- Feed your pet nutritious foods that are unlikely to cause tooth decay - We can help you choose the right foods to feed your pet.
- Give your pet toys that will help them maintain strong teeth and healthy gums - There are a variety of fun products on the market that can help your pet maintain good oral hygiene, and we can point out the best products for you.
Recognize the Symptoms of Poor Dental Hygiene
Does your pet have poor dental hygiene? If so, you may notice your pet experiencing one or more of these problems:
- Bad Breath - Pet breath may not be spectacular, but it shouldn’t be unpleasantly bad.
- Difficulty Eating - If your pet has sores in his or her mouth, or if your pet’s teeth are loose, your pet may have difficulty eating, which can lead to a variety of other health problems.
- Plaque Buildup - Just like humans, pets may develop a buildup of plaque on their teeth. This buildup may be yellowish or brown in color.
Contact our Overland Park Veterinarians for an Appointment Today
Pet dental care is critical. If your pet displays one of the above symptoms, it’s time to make an appointment with your Overland Park veterinarian. Contact Nall Hills Animal Hospital in Overland Park, KS today.