Almost every pet owner has times when it’s difficult to care for their dog or cat — they go on vacation, there’s a serious illness in the family, or business calls them away unexpectedly. The safest and best practice when you go away for an extended time is to board your pet at a trusted boarding facility, such as Nall Hills Animal Hospital in Overland Park.
Things to Know Before Pet Boarding
At Nall Hills Animal Hospital in Overland Park we’re proud to offer a safe and secure place for your pet to stay while you’re out of town. Our pet boarding service is available to dogs and cats, and we’re available for overnight stays as well as longer visits. Our team is dedicated to your pet’s best care while your pet stays with us. It’s important to prepare your pet before bringing it to Nall Hills Animal Hospital pet boarding facility.
Keep in mind that:
- All pets must be up-to-date on all vaccinations, including bordetella and rabies. If your pet isn’t one of our patients with a record on file, you’ll need to bring in a vaccination certificate
- We don’t stock multiple brands of pet food. If your dog or cat is used to one particular brand, it’s a good idea to bring a supply when you drop your pet off
- Pets can get nervous, even with the best of care. Bring a favorite blanket, a toy or two, or a t-shirt with your scent on it. A familiar bit of home can help ease your pet’s nervousness
- Put your pet into the right frame of mind by making the day you drop it off an enjoyable one. Spend some extra time petting or playing with your pet. Take the time out of your busy packing and preparations to help your pet to be calm on the way to our boarding facility
- We do provide towels, blankets and bowls
There are many reasons why our pet owners choose to board their dogs at our clinic. The most common reason why dog boarding is desired relates to travel. If you are going on an extended vacation, traveling to another country, or flying to your destination, you are most likely not going to take your dog with you. If this is the case then dog boarding at our veterinarian hospital in Overland Park is a top priority on your to-do list. Other reasons why you may want to board your dog include instances when you are sick or injured, in a hospital for surgery, dealing with a family crisis, or undergoing major construction projects in your home.
Spend extra quality time with your furry friend before the boarding commences. It will help to relieve your pet of the anxiety of being in a new environment away from you. This is especially key if your dog is a nervous or anxious animal. Also, please have all of your pet vaccinations up-to-date. Finally, make sure to bring your dog’s favorite food if they have a preference. While we do have a stock of dog food, chances are we won’t have the precise brand your pet prefers.
All pets are required to have up to date on vaccinations, including Rabies, DHPPC, Bordetella, negative fecal examination for parasites.